Moment (Early Spring, Mritunjay, Brown Shawl)


The aroma of flower buds,
makes the endearing breeze alluring.
Evening prayers move with the birds,
to the corners of the sky.
It is an evening of early spring.

I see the Courtship of the sun and
the moon, as they stare at each other
from west to east, as the sun sets
and the moon's ethereal rays strengthen. 
My hands hold the book mritunjay. 

I unfold the yugen, as it diaphanously 
takes over my senses.
In the background, there are songs
of birds and insects. 
A brown shawl is draped around my shoulders.

It hugs me with warmth, and as the 
cool wind eloquently teases me.
My shoulders move closer 
and my demure body fills with comfort. 
On the roof, over a ladder, I read. 
A.V

Comments

Popular Posts

Ministry of Chai and ISL

Kavita

Enchanted Forest