A Moment

It has been a long day, it's 3 AM. Coming home from a party with a friend.

It's spring, not too warm, not too cold, but flowers are in full bloom. In the night, insects fill the serene air around us. Warm streetlights shine from above, bringing comfort to our hearts.

Her white cotton kurti swayed, teasing my hands. Her hair rested, carrying the scent of roses. She hopped from foot to foot with elegance, her heels tapping the ground silently. The bangles ringing calmly as her hands flowed.
    My hand felt a cold drop. My gaze moved toward my hand, then to her face. Her eyes glistened under those warm streetlights.

She hurriedly wiped away the lost trails, sniffling. Then, giving a serene smile with big teardrops hanging from each eye, soft as petals, her peach lips said, "Sorry... just give me a moment," chuckling in between.
    Her face turned away from me, swinging those silver earrings. She kept weeping, yet tried to hide all the tears.

Sometimes I wonder if I had placed my hand gently on her back or held her close from behind—would she have wailed and sobbed?

All my hands did was reach for the handkerchief in my pocket and pass it on to her slender, fair hands that speak the language of grace.
    I could feel my eyes tearing up, seeing her so gracefully handling all that pain. My heart swelled with love—the kind that has no strings attached.

Hearing me sniffle, she faced me and reached her hand out to pass me the cloth, drenched with her tears. A chuckle broke out. She looked so innocent giving me the drenched cloth while wiping her tears with her hand, her eyes glistening with pain. She joined me, her voice too sweetened taking a moment to chuckle.

After a moment or two, we moved onwards to home, side by side, sniffling. She again started telling me about her past pains with the rings of her bangles and her sweet filled voice. My eyes couldn't help but glisten with love when hers teared up. 

A.V

Comments

Popular Posts

Ministry of Chai and ISL

Kavita

Enchanted Forest