A Friend He Was

We tried for something deep,
But there's friction in our tone,
I see envy in his eyes,
Though it's something never shown.

I search for mirrors in the crowd,
A soul that fits with mine,
But all I find is gossipers,
Fanning flames with every line.

Intuition pulls me back,
Yet reasons stay unclear,
There's something in the way he speaks,
That fills my mind with fear.

His laughter rings in empty tones,
A mask he wears too well,
His past reveals a boy of pain,
With stories he won't tell.

If nothing shifts, I think I'll go,
Keep distance where I can,
Sever ties, and let it be,
No space for such a man.

Not every bond is meant to last,
Some things just slip away,
I'll Charish the memories, 
I'll find a friend who speaks of peace.
A.V

Comments

Popular Posts

Ministry of Chai and ISL

Kavita

Enchanted Forest