Conversations (Beginning of a friend)

The slow humming of the psychology lecture is filling the whole room, I sit down along a voyager. His words answers, as I write some question down in a diary, for him to read. His voice expressed everything. Neither did I spoke a word nor, did I look at him once in this whole conversation. 
    Then, with the slow humming filling the air, a PPT is present in front of us, the windows open to let the ethereal rays shine upon us and, long pauses fill the air between us.

Me: You ok?
Him: Yes.
Me: Sure?
.
Him: (Chuckle) umm..... maybe.
.
Me: What do you think troubles you?
Him: Hmmm, what troubles me..... let me think.
Maybe... it's my family, like I have had frequent fights with my sister. 
.
Me: How is your relationship with your family?
.
.
Him: I, have a good relationship with my mother, like it's beautiful but, my sister, not so much. Like she gets weird mood swings, and anger issues, so I have to think and evaluate everything before approaching her.
.
Me: And your father?
.
.
Him: He....passed away.
.
.
Me: When?
.
Him: 2019
.
Me: what was the reason?
.
Him: Throate cancer 4th stage, don't know how it happened to him, neither did he smoke, nor was he alcoholic.
.
.
.
Me: Is your family doing fine?
.
.
Him:  Financially not so well, but everything else is almost OK.
.
Me: How often do you let yourself cry or become vulnerable?
.
Him: I don't usually cry, but when I go home and the only company left is myself, I feel a bit weird, empty, and sad feelings. So, I just channel it away while doing exercise. And I try to indulge in group activities to avoid those feelings.
.
.
Me: So is it just pure constant darkness when alone?
Him: Yes, pretty much......
.
.
.
Me: Sorry to hear about your father but what do you think, how well you have coped with it?
.
Him: It's ok ok, like you can't really forget anything, and now like, I don't morn, but he comes to my mind often, is the sense that if he were to be present today, he would be doing this and that........and so........
.
.
.
Me: I know how it feels,
         I have also lost someone......
.
Him: hmmm....
.
.
.
Me: How well do you know yourself?
.
Him: I think you grow with yourself, and live along it.
.
.
.
.
Me: Take time to understand yourself.......
        Let your feeling flow through you......
        Don't hold on to things.......
        After a time, the eternal darkness will reveal its answers......
Just be true to yourself......

    And remember, we are only true when alone......
      
         
"Take care," I said, breaking the silence, while moving my hand over his hair in care. 
A.V

Comments

Popular Posts

Ministry of Chai and ISL

Kavita

Enchanted Forest